Friday 8 July 2016

A Day Filled With Lessons..................

A smile is a smile,no matter the face,a soul is a soul,no matter the race...

I can say that I had seen,felt and also learnt so much in this past week and most of it happened today.Since I am a lazy to separate them,I would just list it out.

1.Times change but people just remain the same.
-You may disagree with this but based on  my personal experience,I realised that some peolpe can never change themselves no matter how hard you try.

2.Everyone is equal.
-No matter how rich a person is,in the end all of us will be buried in the same soil so why boast about your title,social status,etc.?Today,I got the opportunity to meet a female politician who is so down to earth.I am saying so because unlike other VIPs whom i had seen in my life,she actually waited in line for her turn to be served in temple.

3.Too many cooks spoil the broth.
- What happened today was that too many self-proclaimed chefs spoil the 'morru'.Since it was the annual fire walking ceremony in the temple in my neighbourhood,the resident council decided to set up a refreshment stall serving 'morru'.Morru is actually buttermilk mixed with Indian spices.Well,since everyone had different ideas on the perfect taste of the 'morru',each of them added extra ingredients and also lots of salt.The end result?????The 'morru' became so salty that we had to dilute it almost thrice to bring back it's original taste.

4.It doesn't mean that without both feet,one can't stand tall.
-I met another 'special' person this week and it was a man in his 50s named Mr.Shanmugam who is a snacks and toys seller.Just like in Sally's case(Read my earlier blog entry titled problems to know more),I never knew that he was disabled as he was using prosthetics for both of his legs.Despite being disabled,he is determined to succeed and be the sole breadwinner of the family as both his sons are in university while his youngest daughter is in Form 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment