Thursday 7 July 2016

My Wishlist !!!!

I am back to being a Penangite this week after being a Perlian for the past month as I came back home for the Raya holidays...It feels great to be home as I can perform my daily duties peacefully in a familiar environment without the worry of someone trespassing my room(It is not that peaceful actually as I have my annoying younger sister poking her nose in everything I do).Well,as my parents insist on driving all the way to Perlis to send and pick me up which is really costly as a one-way trip costs them at least RM200(inclusive of petrol and toll only) they came up with a decision.I can't come back home until my mid-semester break which is in early September.I tried my best to convince them that I can just use the college bus instead as it will only cost me RM18 for the two-way trip but they gave me a strong NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Therefore,I took a decision and came up with my wishlist.Since the wishlist was done in 10 minutes,I may have missed some of the things I wanted to include in it but even without the'forgotten' iems,I already have around 10 in the current list.

So,what list did I make?Being a fellow Malaysian,I think that some of you might have guessed what are the contents in my wishlist ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Well,my wishlist is titled THE FOOD I WANT TO EAT BEFORE LEAVING PENANG ON 11 JULY 2016!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......It would be shame that I miss out all of favourite  food picks since I won't be back in Penang for a long time....

*BOOM....BOOM...BOOM....DRUM ROLLS EVERYONE*

And I present you

SAVEE'S LIST OF FOOD TO EAT BEFORE LEAVING PENANG ON 11 JULY 2016!!!!


1.Curry Mee


This is on top of my list as it was one of the food that I never dared to lay my hands  on when I was 
younger as it looked oily and spicy but after trying just a spoonful of it from my Dad's bowl last year,I realised that it was the tastiest thing which I ever ate.It is a challenge at times to find the perfect halal curry mee stall but thank God I could get a tasty bowl of it from the faithful Chinese Aunty from the market in my neighbourhood.Luckily,I had this for breakfast the first morning I got back home so CURRY MEE CHECK!!!

2.Wan Tan Mee


Wan Tan Mee has been my favourite since childhood and I would only consume it at a particular stall from the Bagan market because I don't know why that the wan tan mee sold at the particular shop tastes absolutely delicious and the soup is made without pork too so I don't have to worry about mistakenly consuming pork.Once again,I am lucky because I just had wan tan mee for breakfast yesterday so WAN TAN MEE CHECK!!!

3.Brown Rice Nasi Lemak


I fell in love with this heavenly version of nasi lemak thanks to my school's computer technician Mr.Liew who once gave a whole plastic bag full of it my Editorial Board teacher advisor,Pn.Phan when I was in Form 4(2014). Since there were still some packets left,Pn.Phan decided to give a packet each to me and my best friend,Amelia.My first reaction when I saw it was IT IS ROSAK!!!!!Amelia then told me that it is not spoilt but it was simply made of brown rice and pepper. It was so tasty that I finished it in less than 3 minutes(I am a really slow eater actually) and what made it more memorable was that we were actually eating in the teacher's cubicle and something happened(We'll save the story for another time as it will take a whole new post to retaliate it).I got to know that it is sold at Bagan Ajam market and since my mom used to frequent that market on weekends,I pestered her to get it for me and Mr.Liew who later got to know about my obsession with it made it a point to save at least a packet for me when he visited my school.What really touched me was after he was posted to China and he came back to Penang after almost 6 months I guess,he actually remembered my love for it and bought it for me on the last weeks before SPM....That was one of best final memories in my alma matter,SMK Convent Butterworth..Unfortunately,my mom told me that it is too far to go to the market from my new house but I am gonna try to convince her so BROWN RICE NASI LEMAK PENDING....

4.Egg Thosai


It may seem like a odd combination and I couldn't find the perfect picture of it in Google so I have to settle with this.I only started eating this in Form 3 when I asked for an alternative to the plain thosai which I am used to and also fell in love with it on first bite.Egg thosai is best eaten with chicken curry and I guess that I will be having it for breakfast tomorrow so EGG THOSAI PENDING....

5.Apom Balik


There is two types of apom balik and the one I like is the miniature ones which are crispy and tastier.It is gonna be hard to find apom balik as most of the sellers are Muslims who are celebrating Hari Raya but I will try getting it at the night market in my neighborhood this Saturday night so APOM BALIK PENDING!!!!!

6.Char Koay Teow


You can find many versions of char koay teow be  but my personal favourite are the koay teow basah which can be found in Malay stalls and also the World Famous Penang Char Koay Teow!!!!! I ate it for dinner yesterday so CHAR KOAY TEOW CHECK!!!!!

7.Cendol


You can find cendol sold almost everywhere but my personal pick will be the stall in front of SMK Dato' Onn Butterworth.My mom told me that the current owner is a 2nd generation cendol seller and I think that is why the taste has been the same since my first try at way back in 2005 but since it will be hassling to go all the way there to just get a bowl of cendol(I am trying to be considerate towards my parents here) so I think that I will opt for a bowl of cendol somewhere nearer tomorrow.Therefore,CENDOL PENDING!!!!!!!

8.TomYam Maggi


Well,I just ate a bowl pf tom yam for RM9 for dinner about 3 hours ago and I am still full.The guilt feeling of eating such an expensive dinner is still haunting me as when I ordered,the uncle told me that the standard price is RM5 and it would cost around RM6.50 with the extra crabsticks which I requested for.However,the uncle ended up adding two of each ingredients instead which resulted in the 'very cheap price' that I paid for it.I forced myself to finish it and thank God my Dad helped me out so TOM YAM MAGGI CHECK!!!!!!

9.Sushi Bread


I was introduced to this by my best friend Sueqi in Form 3 and what I love the most about it is that it takes only around 6 to 7 pieces to fill up my tummy for the whole day...The bakery which sells this amazing delicacy is quite near to my new house so I would be making a beeline there tomorrow SO SUSHI BREAD,WAIT FOR ME,I AM COMING FOR YOU TOMORROW!!!!

10..Gulab Jamun


Chocolates and sweets are a girl's best friend right?This high in calorie dessert has a special place in my heart and since Ananda Bhawan is just a stone throw's away from my house,I would just be walking there to buy them.  Therefore, DEAR GULAB JAMUN,WE SHALL MEET TOMORROW TOO!!!!!

11.Chicken Murtabak


You can find murtabak almost anywhere but my personal favourite is the one sold in the night market at Taman Inderawasih every Saturday.It is not like the other murtabaks you get out there as it contains real chicken pieces and not only egg+onions and the price is around RM3 which is very worth it.However,I am not sure if the stall will be open this week so I am gonna find for a wishing star later and make a wish...So,CHICKEN MURTABAK PENDING.......

12.Subway Chicken Tandoori


I am pretty sure that most of you will have the song which was created when Subway Malaysia announced that they will be bringing back this heavenly creation back again for a limited time....I may get it at C-Mart back in Perlis but if I did,I have to use RM11.90 of my allowance for it so I am gonna eat it In Penang instead as RM11.90 is quite a big amoun t for a college student(Well,it can cover the price of my meals for 2 days in college so I better use my parent's money now as I DON'T WANT TO GET SCOLDED LATER)SO,SEE YOU SOON SUBWAY CHICKEN TANDOORI!!!!!

Woah!!!!That is a lot of food and I bet I am gonna gain back the 2 kg I lost in my first month college but food is a basic need of live so I am gonna eat all of the food listed here without any guilt.I only have one hope which is I don't suffer another heart attack after seeing the price of my food.It's getting late and I have to sleep....Goodbye....

Sincerely,

Saveetra Revathi 








No comments:

Post a Comment